The antenna is made of UVPVC coated copper clad stranded steel. Antenna assembly can be totally submerged, and is water proof (accept connectors).
The Tactical Vest Antenna System is compatible with AN/PRC-148 (MBITR), AN/PRC-152 (FALCON III), and AN/PRC-153, as well as many other tactical handheld radios fielded by the U.S. Armed Forces.
* AN/PRC-68 * AN/PRC-117F * AN/PRC-77
* AN/PRC-113 * AN/PRC-137 * AN/PRC-139
* AN/PRC-152 * AN/PRC-119 * AN/VRC-12
* AN/PSC-5 * Motorola LST-5B/C * Motorola MX300 Series
* Motorola Saber * Motorola XTS 3000 * Motorola XTS 5000
The TVAS operates in the 30-512 MHz bandwidth, weight less than 10 ounces, and is fully submersible.
Is a good replacement for:
NSN 5895-01-487-1135 Thales MBITR Whip Antennas
NSN 5985-01-464-1442 30-88 MHz 1 Meter Blade Antenna
Special connections or antenna specification can be made upon request.
We also manufacture a VHF version of this antenna for Public service and Air Rescue radios.